Snowball Cookies #SundaySupper
- 250g (2 c.) plain flour
- 256g (2 c.) finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 50g (1/4 c.) sugar
- 227g (1 c.) butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 160 C (325 F) Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar in large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm. It is important that the cookies are still slightly warm for this stage in order for the sugar to stick.
- After it has been covered in powdered sugar and cools completely it will seem like the sugar has disappeared but that is it just soaking into the cookie, exactly what you want.
- Once the cookies have cooled, lightly sift more powdered sugar over them.
Recipe by Small Wallet Big Appetite at http://www.smallwalletbigappetite.com/2012/12/snowball-cookies-sunday-supper.html