Beef Chow Fun
Author: Martin Yan
- 250g (1/2 lb) dried wide rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 250g (1/2 lb) flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 118mL (1/2 c.) beef broth
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Soak the noodles in warm water until softened, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the dark soy sauce, the rice wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl; add the beef and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine the beef broth, oyster sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce in a bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the flank steak and the green onions; stir-fry until the beef is no longer pink, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the wok and toss gently. Add the sauce toss to coat evenly. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Small Wallet Big Appetite at http://www.smallwalletbigappetite.com/2012/12/martin-yans-beef-chow-fun-sundaysupper.html