I love cooking challenges I think it helps keep my mind fresh to new ideas. So this weeks Sunday Supper challenge of 5 ingredients or less was right up my alley. Water, oil and salt and pepper were considered free but other then that it had to be only 5 ingredients.
When it comes to 5 ingredient challenges I often do pasta recipes so I decided I wanted to branch out and try something else. This potato and chorizo frittata totally fit the bill. Normally I worry about flavour when I have a recipe that doesn’t use any herbs or spices but the flavour you get in chorizo itself is enough that you don’t miss any additional herbs. This is perfect for breakfast or a lunch served with a side salad which is how we love it.
I can’t wait to check out the rest of the 5 ingredient menu the Sunday Supper crew have shared today. 5 ingredients often means simple and as life gets crazier with the addition of another child that is becoming even more important in my life.
Chorizo and Potato Frittata
500g (1 lb) potatoes, cut into thin slices
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
225g (8 oz) Spanish chorizo
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Lay out the slices of potatoes on baking sheets, spray lightly with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, until potatoes are mostly cooked through.
Meanwhile slice the chorizo to thin slices, similar in thickness to the potatoes. In a skillet fry the chorizo until it begins to give off some of its oil and then add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside leaving the oil in the pan.
Whisk eggs with salt and pepper until well combined. Layer the potatoes and chorizo back into the oiled skillet. Pour the eggs over and cook over medium low heat until egg begins to set but top remains soft, about 8 minutes.
Transfer pan to oven and cook until top of frittata is set, 5 to 8 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes, then run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- olive oil
- 3 medium size potatoes, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 113g (4 oz) Spanish chorizo
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Lay out the slices of potatoes on baking sheets, spray lightly with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, until potatoes are mostly cooked through.
- Meanwhile slice the chorizo to thin slices, similar in thickness to the potatoes. In a skillet fry the chorizo until it begins to give off some of its oil and then add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside but leave the oil in the pan
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper until well combined.
- Layer the potatoes and chorizo back into the oiled skillet. Pour the eggs over and cook over medium low heat until egg begins to set but top remains soft, about 8 minutes. Transfer pan to oven and cook until top of frittata is set, 5 to 8 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes, then run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
#1 on 2014-Apr-27 Sun 04:35+0
#2 on 2014-Apr-27 Sun 04:25+0
#3 on 2014-Apr-27 Sun 04:08+0
#4 on 2014-Apr-26 Sat 04:11+0
#5 on 2014-Apr-26 Sat 04:14+0
#6 on 2014-Apr-26 Sat 04:14+0
#7 on 2014-Apr-26 Sat 04:38+0
#8 on 2014-Apr-26 Sat 04:11+0