I have a confession to make, if it weren’t for my blog Valentines day would just come and go in our house without much thought. I have never been a Valentines person, I actually have never been out on a Valentines date, not even in the days before kids. I don’t even think I have ever received a Valentines card before, other then the ones you all fill out at school and send to your whole class. But when I became a blogger it was obvious that Valentines day was a much loved blogging holiday so ever since then I have been enjoying sharing some special recipes for people to be able to enjoy with their Valentine. Trust me with incredible meals like this hubby loves the new tradition. Although it isn’t celebrated on the day, because lets face it if you are in a blogger family you never get to enjoy these amazing holiday recipes on the day. Our families are taste testing our Christmas recipes in July.
75g (3/4 c. ) mushroom, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
45g (1/4 c.) uncooked long grain rice
45g (1/4 c.) uncooked wild rice*
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
recipe adapted from Taste of Home
*I used red rice as it was what I had on hand.
Cover and bake 175 C (350 F) for 55-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
For the fish
2 tsp olive oil, divided
Fresh lemon wedges
16g (1/4 c.) panko breadcrumbs
20g (1/4 c.) finely grated parmesan cheese
20g (1/4 c.) slivered almonds
1 tsp dried parsley parsley
1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon zest
Preheat oven to 230 C (450 F) with a rack set at the top level. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with a few cracks from a salt and pepper grinder. Set fish on a foil lined baking sheet and brush tops of fillets with 1 tsp. olive oil and squeeze a little lemon on top.
Combine panko, parmesan, nuts, parsley, zest, remaining 1 tsp. olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Evenly cover fillets with almond mixture.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
#1 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:38+3600
#2 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:21+3600
#3 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:37+3600
#4 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:37+3600
#5 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:44+3600
#6 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:54+3600
#7 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:46+3600
#8 on 2014-Feb-09 Sun 02:47+3600
#9 on 2014-Feb-08 Sat 02:27+3600