I can’t believe that 14 years ago a 17 year old me met a 19 your old British guy who became her instant best friend. Having a similar humour they quickly got up to trouble mischief together. I never would have guessed that 9 later we would reconnect after a few years apart and fall in love and that 5 years on we would have an amazing 2 year old girl who is our world. Chris is such an incredible father and I am so blessed to have a husband who has a similar parenting style to myself so the hardest job in the world, being a parent, is made easier with the fact that we tend to always agree what to do. I know that is a rarity and I do treasure it. So to honour my wonderful husband who is a fantastic daddy I wanted to finally make him the pie he has been begging me to make again for years now.
For some reason pecan pie gets put on the to do list of baking every year for Christmas but then somehow doesn’t get done. So for this Father’s Day my husband finally got his wish. This recipe doesn’t use corn syrup, one because corn syrup isn’t sold in this country and two I try to avoid using it because it really isn’t good for us. Personally we feel this is even better then the corn syrup version.
50g (1/4 c.) white sugar
115g (1/2 c.) butter, melted
1 Tbsp plain flour
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
155g (1 1/2 c.) pecans
Store bought shortcrust pastry
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
Stir in the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, 50g (1/2 c.) finely chopped pecans and the flour mixing well.
Lastly add the milk, vanilla and the rest of the nuts, I like to leave the rest of the pecans whole for this step. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell that has been lined with your store bought pastry. (You can of course make your own but I didn’t have the time to make it this week)
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200 C (400 F) degrees, then reduce temperature to 180 C (350 F) and then bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
- 145g (1 c.) light brown sugar
- 50g (1/4 c.) white sugar
- 115g (1/2 c.) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 155g (1½ c.) pecans
- Store bought shortcrust pastry
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F)
- In a large bowl, beat room temperature eggs until foamy.
- Stir in the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, 50g (1/2 c.) finely chopped pecans and the flour mixing well.
- Lastly add the milk, vanilla and the rest of the nuts, I like to leave the rest of the pecans whole for this step. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell that has been lined with your store bought pastry. (You can of course make your own but I didn’t have the time to make it this week)
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200 C (400 F) degrees, then reduce temperature to 180 C (350 F) and then bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.