I love cheesecake, so much so that for my wedding I ditched the traditional cake and went for cheesecake instead. So when I found out the theme for Sunday Supper was going to be Cheese, Cake and Cheesecake I knew I wanted to share a cheesecake recipe. My sister-in-law had given me a challenge a while ago to feature more pudding (what we call dessert in the UK) ideas that were quick to make. Most cheesecakes that I had made in the past took a lot of time and effort so I set about trying to find a recipe that would give that amazing taste without the work. I discovered this recipe from the Good Food Channel’s website and I noticed an ingredient that I hadn’t heard of before, Mascarpone.
Mascarpone is technically not a cheese it is a sort of Italian version of France’s crème fraîche, or a smoother, milder take on Britain’s clotted cream. I learned that mascarpone is actually the proper cream cheese for tiramisu, and as I have discovered it is incredible for cheesecake. After trying it in this dish I can’t wait to experiment with some of my cooked cheesecake recipes. I might not go back to using cream cheese to be honest.
This recipe satisfied both my requirements for a quick dessert and the my love of cheesecake, and it was like summer in your mouth. This will definitely be a yearly strawberry tradition for us. Don’t forget to check out the amazing recipes that everyone else is serving up.
Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes
100g (3 oz) digestive biscuits
500g (16 oz) mascarpone
4 Tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g (3.5 oz) white chocolate, roughly chopped (make sure it isn’t cooking chocolate)
adapted from Good Food Channel
Place the biscuits into a food processor or I added the biscuits to my mortar and pestles, much easier to clean up.
Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Turn off the heat and tip the biscuits into the pan with the melted butter and mix well to combine.
Divide the biscuit mixture between 6 large ramekins or bowls (about 1cm layer of biscuit in each), pressing down well. Allow to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Chop up the strawberries into quarters, set aside. Combine the mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla extract and the white chocolate.
Check out what else is on the menu
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST!
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
- 40g (3 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 100g (3 oz) digestive biscuits
- 300g(10.5oz) strawberries
- 500g (16 oz) mascarpone
- 4 Tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (3.5 oz) white chocolate, roughly chopped (make sure it isn’t cooking chocolate)
- Place the biscuits into a food processor or I added the biscuits to my mortar and pestles, much easier to clean up.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Turn off the heat and tip the biscuits into the pan with the melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Divide the biscuit mixture between 6 large ramekins or bowls (about 1cm layer of biscuit in each), pressing down well. Allow to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Chop up the strawberries into quarters, set aside. Combine the mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla extract and the white chocolate.
- Spoon the mascarpone on top the biscuit bases, leveling off the surfaces. Spoon the strawberries over and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.