Just as we say good bye to the holidays it seems we enter into another party season. January and February are filled with things like award shows and the Super Bowl as well as other events. The internet is all abuzz with the latest trends in party planning and appetizers. I do love finding new party foods but I have learned my lesson about trying too many new things for the one event. So for me I find it is important to have a selection of standard tried and true recipes that I can default to for parties. And one of those recipes is my baked Brie. This recipe is an old standard for me and it is also a big food weakness of mine. I actually have to limit this to a party to make sure I don’t overindulge. This simple dish is easy to prepare and is a real crowd pleaser. It is great with fresh bread or crackers.
What is your simple, go to appetizer for parties?
Cranberry and Pecan Baked Brie
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp cranberry sauce
handful of chopped pecans
Top with chopped pecans. Put brie in an oven proof dish and bake in a pre-heated 180 C (350 F) oven for 10 minutes.
- 1 round Brie cheese
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- handful of chopped pecans
- Make thin slits into the brie, as many slits as you have sliced of garlic.
- Slide the slivers of garlic into the slits in the brie
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the cheese
- Top with chopped pecans
- Put brie in an oven proof dish and bake in a pre-heated 180 C (350 F) oven for 10 minutes.